Wednesday, August 5, 2009

COMPUTER COUNSELING

Have you ever asked yourself the question: "What kind of relationship do I have with my electronics?"

TVs, cameras, cell phones, printers, and the worst of all-- COMPUTERS! If you are not sure how to know for sure what kind of relationship you and your electronics have, ask yourself these questions: "Do I drop my camera and cell phone every single time I bring them out?" "Does my computer break down when all I do is check my email?" "Have I spent more time with the Geek Squad than I have with my boyfriend or girlfriend?"

I take good care of my camera and cell phone (the verizon store is a black hole). They just want to be loved so they are good right on back. But COMPUTERS and I have a quite a past. I used to think we just completely hated each other and it would never work out, no matter how hard we wanted it to. But I can't deny it any longer. I need my computer to get by in the twenty-first century. If we went to go to couples counseling, these would be our issue topics.

1. Trust Issues- My computers don't trust me because I don't back up as much as I should.

2. Abandonment Issues- My computer will break down on me when all I use it for is checking email, playing music, and downloading my photos.

3. Secretive Issues- My computer has been deleting my photos for years and years without any explanation. When I ask why...it just responds, "File Corrupted." That is its way of avoiding the topic.

4. Boundary Issues- Sometimes I let too many people do things with my computer. Its only because I don't know how to get through to it!


5. Patience and Temper Issues- Neither of us have patience for each other and we tend to let our tempers get in the way, which then leads to sensitivity issues.

History of my Inadequate Comps:

Powerbook 2005-
Could have caused me to have an ulcer. I spent more time talking about my computer than I did with my friends...just kidding, but almost. I spent $500 dollars trying to fix that piece of shit from hell.

Dell 2007-
Did well with only one virus under it's belt until someone dropped it on a carpet and it decided to give up too soon.


Gateway- Gave me no trouble for a year until it decided to have pop-up vomit sessions. Maybe it was because it knew it was a replacement.


COMPUTER COUNSELING
IT OKAY TO ADMIT THAT YOU NEED IT
IT MAY END UP ALLOWING YOUR REALTIONSHIP WITH YOUR ELECTRONICS TO GROW!

I hate computers.



No comments:

Post a Comment